Monday, March 17, 2008

National Quilting Day

This past Saturday was National Quilting Day. To celebrate the Kentucky Heritage Quilt Society (KHQS) held a Quilter's Day Out get together in Ballardsville, Kentucky. There were more than 400 quilters there despite the dreary rainy weather!

I had a booth and demonstrated a binding technique that has helped me so many times. I also displayed some of my work and information about my machine quilting service. My biggest thrill was when Karen F. came up to my booth. She was one of my very first quilting teachers. I got to "teach" her my binding technique! It was so cool to have everything come full circle like that. She is always so supportive and friendly. Truly two characteristics that are essential for a beginning quilting teacher!

I was so grateful for the day. I enjoyed seeing so many smiling faces that seemed to just glow with the joy of being surrounded by quilty things they love. It was a wonderful way to spend a Saturday. I took my camera but left the battery at home so I don't have any photos of the day- drat! The quilts on display were fantastic.

Then on Sunday morning the CBS Morning Show aired a piece about one of my machine quilting teachers, Ricky Tims. It was well done and has some delicious eye candy.

No comments: