Monday, June 30, 2008

Garden beauty and dragonflies buzzing about

*I have changed the address of my blog to reflect my company's name.  Please update your feed subscriptions and bookmarks.  You can sign up for a new subscription by visiting the links in the sidebar HERE.

I finished it! This Garden Trellis quilt and is so special to me. All the charm squares in it are from my internet quilt guild. My internet guild sent quilty flowers to the members when they need a pick me up. So these are my flowers!

I pieced this at the retreat I went to a few weeks ago. I just love that every time I look at it, I think of my quilty friends.

I put a meandering feather undulating across the top. I'm really happy with it.

I especially like how the values of the florals move diagonally from corner to corner. I used a variegated King Tut thread, Hobbs 80/20 batting and Bottom Line in the bobbin.




I'll be entering this quilt in the Ky State Fair. I know it won't win a ribbon but it will be fun to see it hung.


I joined The Finish Five by July challenge- so this will be my first of my five. I'm hoping to have two more done today. Wish me luck!

Today, Linda will be picking up her Bug Jar quilt but I wanted to share a close up of the dragonflies I put randomly throughout the top. I think they really add some fun to the top and fold in nicely with her bug theme.


The dragonflies and butterflies were all done freehand.

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Beautiful quilt and the quilting is beautifullly done! Congrats on finishing!

Amy said...

GORGEOUS QUILTING! Long-armed or "normal" sewing machine?
The layout is beautiful---I'm inspired to make one now!!!

Alison said...

The dragonfly stitching is just amazing. It is beautiful.