Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Gingko leaves are falling

Here is the beautiful table topper made by a client of mine.

I used an all over meandering of gingko leaves to show off the sophisticated fabrics she 
utilized in the top.
The top itself was made during a
 workshop with our quilt guild. 
 
I want to put in a plug here for quilt guilds.  If you are a member of one you'll know what a wealth of knowledge can be gleaned from the workshops, speakers and seminars that are put on by guilds all over the country.  

My local guild is called Nimble Thimbles and the women there are so incredibly welcoming and supportive.  I'm blessed to have them.

Are you looking for a guild?  Ask at your local quilt shop for names and contact numbers of guilds in your area.  
Get out and meet some fellow quilters- you'll be so glad you did.


I especially like her treatment of the backing.  


She used some of the scraps from the top in the back.  I always love this way of finishing a quilt.  It gives the back character and provides an opportunity to use up the fabrics so your stash is ready to take on the next project!

No comments: