Thursday, December 6, 2007

Done and done!

Here's the finished batik quilt.  It turned out so nice.  What I really like is that all the elements work in harmony. 

 The color palate doesn't allow any one color take center stage.  They all lean on each other and work so nicely together.  The pattern allows each block to blend into its neighbors so that it all looks like one voice.  The gold thread used adds sparkle and interest but it doesn't shout at the viewer the way a gold thread on a more subtle palate might.  

The gold thread for this quilt and the movement the swirling quilting design motif helps the eye travel around the quilt top.   

I'm so thrilled that the piecer of this quilt top who is a long time internet friend of mine, trusted me to bring her top to life!

Next up, five quilts done for a commercial client.  They require a quick turnaround so I'm gonna be really focusing on churning these out!  I'll be doing a pantograph for them that I picked up in the Houston show last month.  I'm looking forward to working with a new panto!

No comments: